Farmer Mac Refresh – A Live Feed Update
The latest edition of The Feed dives into alternative income streams on the farm. Ever wonder what hemp and ostrich markets have in common? Or how solar power can help stabilize rural income? There’s lots of buzz around the Phase One China deal, but how realistic is that $40 billion commitment? These topics and more from Farmer Mac’s Chief Economist and other authors as they present findings from The Feed – Winter 2019|20. Topics to be covered include:
- Turning to specialized commodities during farm income plateaus;
- The opportunities for renewable energy investment in rural areas;
- Off-farm income trends;
- Cropland cash rent movements across the country;
- Potential for trade with China under the Phase One agreement; and
- Measures of financial stress in rural America.
Presenters will focus on implications for ag lenders and borrowers alike while taking questions from the audience.